4 Steps in Creating a Winning Social Media Marketing Strategy in 2019
If you could target up to 500,000 million business contacts at any moment, knowing they had 2x the buying power of the average web audience and would convert 3x more than other major ad platforms, would you do it?
That’s precisely why 94% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn lead generation! It gives them access to a captive business audience that includes executives from all Fortune 500 companies, just for starters.
If you’re not leveraging the power of LinkedIn to grow your leads, you’re missing out. Read on to learn about some of the most effective strategies we use with our clients.
What is a Lead?
Simply put, it’s when a consumer — in this case someone representing a business — shows interest in your products or services. The goal of attracting new leads, of course, is to convert that prospect over time into a paying customer.
But not all leads are created equal. Some will stumble upon your company randomly, and others will specifically be seeking your services out. This latter group constitutes more “qualified” leads, and they are the real targets of your lead gen efforts!
LinkedIn Lead Generation using the free tools:
Like most other social media channels, you can acquire LinkedIn leads through both owned (unpaid, free for you) tactics and paid marketing (ads targeting prospects or paying for the LinkedIn premium accounts)
All of the free strategies can pay dividends, but be aware that they tend to be time-consuming, may have low conversion rates, and will take time to build…. HOWEVER, they will work!
- You can use LinkedIn’s robust set of contacts to mine prospects suited to your product or service (FREE!), send them an InMail (PAID) and wait for a response.
- You can also do extensive networking by joining groups, commenting in discussions and posting your own original content. (FREE)
- You can even track who’s viewing your profile and follow-up with them in the hopes they are actually genuinely your services. (FREE!)
Engagement & Reconnaissance using paid features:
Paid advertising on LinkedIn, on the other hand, holds faster potential, but will mean that you need to spend dollars instead of labor. There are multiple methods available for matching your target audiences’ profiles with marketing campaigns, and we can help you choose which is right for you!
- Account Targeting
- Instead of hunting and pecking for individual contacts,we’ll teach you how to upload a list of your target companies and match them against eight million Company pages on LinkedIn. This enables you to reach multiple targets in a given company versus approaching individual decision-makers.
- We’ll show you how to target them with InMail email campaigns, sponsored ads, call to action buttons, sponsored videos, or product lead forms. This enables you to ensure that your message and company is shown to the prospects you want to meet.
- Website Retargeting
- Another approach we employ for lead generationis to market to LinkedIn users who visited your website. You can break down website visitors into different segments, depending on what pages they visited, and then create custom, product- or service-based content in line with their interests.
- Contact Targeting
- A third option we use is to target contacts that match a specific profile — by geographic location, current company, school, industry, job title or non-profit interests. With LinkedIn, you’re not just hitting a generalized demographic of individuals. Once you’ve identified your custom audience, you upload or integrate your lists of contacts with those on LinkedIn.
5 Tips to Maximize Your Success on LinkedIn
- Build a complete LinkedIn profile, optimized for SEO
- Cross-promote your content across social channels
- Engage in your networks posting and home feed suggestions LinkedIn personalizes for you
- And, finally, post good, meaningful content with intriguing headlines
- LinkedIn advises to post up to 20 times per month, which will allow you to be seen by 60% of your company followers
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays right before work (7-8 a.m.) and right after work (5-6 p.m.) are generally the best times to post
- Use free analytics to analyze what posts and activity are working best so you can fine-tune your messaging and content in order to find the most profitable lead
Learn More about LinkedIn
If you’d like help from a knowledgeable marketing agency that provides a personal, hands on approach and delivers results with LinkedIn lead generation, contact us. We’re located in beautiful Scottsdale, Arizona but we work with clients across the globe! We offer both personalized and affordable 1 on 1 coaching and training, or group workshops customized specifically for your sales team.